Re: mmap() for shared memory?

> I'm trying to implement a good-performance IPC using mmap.  When I
> write to mmap'ed memory in one process, the second process never
> sees the change.

Where are you getting the memory from?  mmap has to be given something
to map - it doesn't create memory out of thin air.  Normally you give
it an open file to map; the only "empty" file is /dev/zero and that's
not shared anyway.

> Perhaps someone can suggest the optimal IPC mechanism under Cygwin.

The optimal IPC is, well, IPCs, stuff like shmget().  Unfortunately,
cygwin doesn't support those.