Re: Latest Snapshot

Adam Schlegel wrote:
> The output of these commands differ with differing dlls:
> With cygwin1.dll version 1.1.1, I get:
> $ mkdir a
> $ chmod a-w a
> $ touch a/b
> $ echo Hi >a/c
> $ rm a/b
> rm: a/b: Permission denied
> $ rm a/c
> rm: a/c: Permission denied
> $ rm -rf a
> rm: a/b: Permission denied
> rm: a/c: Permission denied
> rm: a: Permission denied
> $ chmod a+w a
> $ rm -rf a
>
> However, with the new snapshot I get:
> $ mkdir a
> $ chmod a-w a
> $ touch a/b
> $ echo Hi >a/c
> $ rm a/b
> $ rm a/c
> $ rm -rf a
> rm: a: Permission denied
> $ chmod a+w a
> $ rm -rf a
>
> I can delete files from a without having write permission to a when using
> the new dll. This is not the behaviour that I would expect.

The new behaviour is (now) expected because we made a small
design decision, not to disallow what is normally allowed in
Windows. In fact you may delete the files from Explorer without
problems. Moreover, the previous design results in a wierd
problem with samba shares.

Thank you for your feedback,
Corinna

--