RE: File name syntax (WAS: RE: FW: Can not config sshd)

> Right.  The significance is for UNC paths which can be easily
> access currently
> using "//<server name>/<share name>" in Cygwin now...

Understood.  My intention was that server:share would be converted to
\\server\share before it reached the Windows file API's used inside of
cygwin.

The entire idea was that many UNIX programs parse the colon paths as network
paths already and this would bring cygwin a little more inline with the UNIX
world.