Where is latest version of bash for cygwin, and misc. questions

I am running bash on top of WIndows NT 4.0
GNU bash, version 2.02.1(2)-release (i586-pc-cygwin32)

I have been told that I should upgrade to a newer version.
Where can I get the latest stable version of bash?

Among the reasons I want to upgrade is that it seems to hang when I try to
run a non-existent command,
e.g.
home $ run_non_existing

Similarly the type command seems to hang.  I have a very long $PATH, and it
includes
certain directories needed for Windows that I suspect are irrelevant to
bash.
Is there a standard way to not have them on  the bash path?

I am also looking for man and the man pages.

Specifically I would like to see all the predefined symbols I can use to set
the prompt in PS1.

I am also looking for advice about how to port ksh scripts to bash.

Finally, when I run perl in bash @INC is only . the current directory, even
though in a DOS box or the output of perl -V shows that it also should
include c:/Perl/lib and c:/Perl/site/lib.
Is this related to bash somehow?

If people suggest this I will include my .bashrc and output of env but I
wanted to avoid too long a post.

Thanks,
Steve
--
Steven Tolkin          steve.tolkin@fmr.com      617-563-0516
Fidelity Investments   82 Devonshire St. R24D    Boston MA 02109