poss bash bug (cygwin 1.0): ..128+signal as the exit status

I'm forwarding this from one of my respected co-workers:

The following is located in the bash man pages (i.e. man bash) ...

EXIT STATUS
       For the shell's purposes, a command  which  exits  with  a
       zero  exit  status  has succeeded.  An exit status of zero
       indicates success.  A non-zero exit status indicates fail<AD>
       ure.   When  a  command terminates on a fatal signal, bash
       uses the value of 128+signal as the exit status.

I have not been able to reproduce the 128+signal as an exit status;
(it always returns zero for me).  Thus, I believe it is a bug.