dll example revised

Hi:

I've done a little more research on my earlier example
problem.  The behavior seems to be uniform across NT
(I've tried NT4 and NT5 (windows 2000)), and different
for Win98.  Mingw happens to be correct for Win98, and
cygwin appears to be different yet still broken.
Thanks to Ken Haley for the help!

I'm bundling along my example again with trace
details, and a slightly altered makefile to account
for compiling with and without ming, and with and
without dllmain().

I don't want to be a terminal pest here and understand
that this may not be getting fixed in the short haul.
I just think this is an important behavior to report
in.  Personally I'm quite pleased with the cygwin
solution compared with the other app's in this class,
and have no doubt it will do well in the long haul.

Thanks!

=====
-- Craig Stevenson
-- Home Page: http://www.sdc.org/~craigs/
-- Recently computed: The 200 billionth digit of pi is 2.