Re: Problem building SSH

Ross Smith wrote:
> [...]
> checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory... configure: error: Could not find SSLeay
>  / OpenSSL libraries, please install
> /usr/local/src/openssh-1.2.2$
>
> Does anyone know what's gone wrong? (Yes, I installed perl5 and openssl
> first, and neither of them gave me any complaints.)

Somewhat strange.

Seems to be that the configure script can't find the path where
you have openSSL installed. It checks for the following locations:

	$prefix  (== /usr/local by default)
	/usr
	/usr/local/openssl
	/usr/lib/openssl
	/usr/local/ssl
	/usr/lib/ssl
	/usr/local
	/usr/pkg

by searching for the files

	include/openssl/crypto.h

or

	include/ssl/crypto.h

I have just installed on a clean system from the tarball on
ftp.franken.de and I got the following

checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory... /usr/local
checking for RSAref library... no
checking for CRYPTO_lock in -lcrypto... yes

so I assume you have perhaps installed into the wrong path.

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Developer