Problem building SSH

I've downloaded Corinna's ssh/ssl ports from Franken. I gathered from
her posts a few days ago that these are now supposed to work out of
the box. I thought I was following the instructions, but I can't get
ssh to build. ./configure gives me:

/usr/local/src/openssh-1.2.2$ ./configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for ar... ar
checking for perl... /usr/local/bin/perl
checking for rsh... /c/WINNT/system32/rsh
checking for xauth... no
checking for inline... inline
checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory... configure: error: Could not find SSLeay
 / OpenSSL libraries, please install
/usr/local/src/openssh-1.2.2$

Does anyone know what's gone wrong? (Yes, I installed perl5 and openssl
first, and neither of them gave me any complaints.)

--
Ross Smith <ross.s@ihug.co.nz> The Internet Group, Auckland, New Zealand