Re: Slow startup of all cygwin tools.

Cygwin V1.x mounts the root in binmode. Convert your .bashrc (and .inputrc) to UNIX format with LF line endings only.

---------------------------------------- Message History ----------------------------------------

From: alan.conway@iona.com on 15/05/2000 19:54

To:   cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
cc:
Subject:  Slow startup of all cygwin tools.

I've just installed cygwin 1.1.0 and there is a very long delay (about
30-40 secs) on startup of any of the tools when run from a CMD shell. This
did not happen with the B20 release.

Any idea why this might be? Running tools inside of bash is fine, so it
looks like something that happens while loading cygwin.dll - but what is
the DLL doing that takes so much time? Is there some network madness in the
DLL initialisation?

Help much appreciated, this is causing me much grief.

Cheers,
Alan.
--
Alan Conway, Engineer, IONA Technologies.
E-mail: alan.conway@iona.com Tel: +1(819)847-1878  Fax: +1(819)847-0255