Static link libraries and openGL.

Hi, i'm a new user of cygwin. I have just installed the 17/4 net
version, and I have some problems.

First of all, when trying to build static libraries(i must admit I
actually don't know very well how to do it, since I've always used
dynamic libs under BeOS/Linux), I get an unresolved WinMain16. Why?? If
I declare a dummy main(){}, as stated in the FAQ, then I cannot link the
library to any executable (obviously, since main is already defined).
What is the correct process to build static libraries?

Second question. When I try to link opengl/glut libs, the linker finds
the libglut32/libopengl32, but then it doesn't link their symbols so I
get a lot of unresolved glXXX.

Thanks in advance

Ciao,
Giulio