Re: Installing Cygwin 1.1.0 over 1.0

On Wed, May 03, 2000 at 04:21:56PM -0700, Matthew Blakley wrote:
>Is the net release designed to just be installed over the Cygwin 1.0
>release? Since it doesn't seem that all the stuff available in the contrib
>folder is part of the 1.1.0 release, will I need to rebuild all the contrib
>stuff after a 1.1.0 install.
>
>I know these are probably going to be general FAQ questions, so I hope I'm
>not jumping the gun on this. Thanks.

Actually, the net release is not necessarily an upgrade for Cygwin 1.0.

The 1.1.0 DLL is beta quality and undoubtedly has bugs.

If you want to install it over your 1.0 installation, everything should
still continue to work.  We always strive to maintain backwards
compatibility.

You're right, though, in noting that the net release does not contain
everything from the CD.  We're working on that but it will probably
take quite some time.

cgf