Re: Things you can do with Cygwin

Actually, I think it's even a bit less restrictive than that.  I believe
that you can sell an application that depends on CygWin, even as a
closed-source proprietary program.  In this case, though, you need to
require that the folk who are going to use it to get their own copy of
CygWin.  IANAL, so I can't judge the validity, but I've heard arguments
saying that YOU can't distribute the GPL'd software that your
closed-proprietary application depends on, but you can tell the user where
to get it.  (This gets way too deep for my hip boots, but, as I said,
IANAL.)