From: simon.p.cozens@jp.pwcglobal.com
[mailto:simon.p.cozens@jp.pwcglobal.com]
Sent: Friday, April 28, 2000 12:43 AM
To: 'cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com'
Subject: RE: How is textmode/binmode determined in Cygwin 1.1.0 net
releas e for pipes?

David Bolen wrote:
>In terms of your observation, I should point out that the best way to
handle
>things is to find a reference (someone or something) that already has the
>answer, and thus minimize the amount of work you have to do - laziness
being
>one of a developer's hallmarks.

You misunderstand the nature of the developer's laziness.
Laziness is about minimizing the time you have to spend, before - and
hopefully instead of - wasting other people's.

Bad laziness says "I'll get someone else to do this for me."
Good laziness says "I'll see if anyone else has done it first."

By your definition of laziness, nobody would have bothered responding
to your mail.

Simon
__END__
computer.