Re: Local setup fails (even 1.30)

--- Pierre Muller <muller@cerbere.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:
> At 09:30 27/04/00 -0400, you wrote:
> >
> >Ok.  I certainly don't understand why this would
> solve anything but I
> >will make an equivalent change to the sources.  It
> will be in setup.exe
> >Revision 1.31.
>
>   Possibly just if there is a tar.bat in the path
> somewhere !
 Actually, a non-Cygwin tar.exe in the path will cause
setup to fail.  In my case, I had gzip.exe and tar.exe
in my C:\WINNT\system32 (I downloaded emacs before
Cygwin so I needed these).  In my case, I just renamed
the windows programs, but it appears that the above
suggested solution is the correct one.