Could we have the net releases in an rpm format?

I was just wondering if ti would be a good thing (tm)
to have the net releases of cygwin in an other binary
format than what we have now?

My mind goes thinking rpm format or something
similar. Something that keeps track of what is
installed and does provide a "neat" update
facility...

Anyway, just my $.02 :-)

Cheers,

/ChJ