Re: PS1, gdb and other trubbels

Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> writes:

> >> Sorry.  I definitely don't have time to debug individual problems.
> >
> >Sure, I'll happly try to find it out myself, I currenly trying to build a
> >libcygwin1.dll with debugging symbols.
>
> You should be able to set breakpoints in gdb to find out where the
> problem is occurring.  The fact that cygwin shows up on a stack trace
> does not mean that the problem is in cygwin.  Cygwin intercepts all of
> the Windows "signals" in order to properly emulate UNIX signals.

Ok, so you mean that Visual C just tells me where the exception should be
handled but wasn't ? It looked on the assembely that it really did the
*(int *)0x4 = N; in cygwin1.dll. But then I'm not that good on i386
assembly.

Thanks for the tips.

> If I were you, I would just debug your program in the normal way before
> going to the effort of building cygwin.

Well I build it, no problem there. Are you using /cygdrive/c/cygwin as
prefix when building the release ?

Love