Re: Mingwin does not seem to know where its headers live.

Mo DeJong <mdejong@cygnus.com> writes:
> I am trying to compile this code.
>
> BASH.EXE-2.03$ cat WIN32.C
> #include <string.h>
> #include <direct.h>
>
> int main(int argc, char ** argv) {
>     strcpy(NULL,NULL);
>     mkdir(NULL);
>     return 0;
> }
>

> When I build with mingwin, it bails out
> saying it can not find direct.h.
>
> BASH.EXE-2.03$ gcc -mno-cygwin -c WIN32.C
> WIN32.C:2: direct.h: No such file or directory

Sorry, but this report provides me with no information that
may help tracking down the problem.

You need to tell us what version of gcc, and provide some information
on what version Cygwin, and if you're using a Cygwin snapshot vs one
of the released versions, and so on. At the very least, look at the
output of:

  BASH.EXE-2.03$ gcc -v -mno-cygwin -c WIN32.C

-mno-cygwin uses some internal magic to find the path to the Mingw
includes, and obviously it's failing here. Hopefully the -v option
will point us in the right direction.

Regards,
Mumit