Re: missing prototypes in io.h

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Mumit Khan wrote:
>My mno-cygwin howto provides some insights into this issue.

I'll take a look at that.

>If you're trying to come up with a way to "mix and match" Cygwin and
>Mingw runtime, that's not doable, sorry.

>I have a feeling I'm not answering your question, but then again, I don't
>know what your question is.

The above statement answers my question.  I was under the impression that
it was doable.  Thanks for clearing up my misconception.

I have a follow up question.  The reason why I wanted to compile the
library as Win32 was because of dynamic library loading.  It uses
LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress.  I know cygwin has dlopen and dlsym.  But
can it take a libxyz.dll as parameter, or do I have to convert this .dll
to a .so?  This is the main reason why I tried to mix and match.

I tried using dlopen and it failed for some reason.  Instead of trying to
determine the problem, I went the above route instead.  What I'm looking
for now is confirmation that dlopen("libxyz.dll", RTLD_LAZY) does what
it should have done.  Same with dlsym.  If they are supposed to work, then
I'll look into why the library is failing.  Note, dlopen didn't actually
fail, dlsym also didn't fail.  Only when I tried to call the resulting
function pointer did it not work.

Thanks again for you quick response.

--jc
--