Re: proper terminal type for tcsh under Cygwin?

What do you get in a tcsh shell when you type "echo $term"?

Steve

Chris Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 06:32:35PM -0500, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> >On Mar 21,  1:52pm, kelem@adaptivesilicon.com (Steve Kelem) wrote:
> >>set term=cygwin yields no insert mode when you move the cursor into the
> >>middle of a word.  The new characters overwrite the old characters, but
> >>a C-r shows that the new characters really were inserted.
> >
> >I know this is suboptimal, but you can use telltc to figure out what
> >the bad entries, and settc to fix them.  The editor in tcsh will work
> >properly with most termcap entries empty, but it will be less
> >efficient.
> >
> >When you come up with a working version you can store it in a file or
> >put it in your TERMCAP environment variable.
>
> FWIW, I don't see this problem at all.  Inserting a character works
> correctly for me.  You should not have to set the terminal type.  It
> should be automatic.
>
> cgf
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Kelem;Steve
tel;fax:408-399-8905
tel;work:408-335-2718
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.adaptivesilicon.com
org:Adaptive Silicon, Inc.
adr:;;985 University Ave., Suite 31;Los Gatos;CA;95032-7639;U.S.
version:2.1
email;internet:kelem@adaptivesilicon.com
title:Chief Scientist
fn:Steve Kelem