Re: Is conversion of debug format of g++ to a native Windows format possible?

The "New" windows debug format is coff,
which gdb understands just fine.

VTune may only recognize CodeView, I don't know
but compiling/linking with /Z7 and /ZI  will allow
you to use gdb with any MS .obj.

You can force the Microsoft Compiler/Linker to store the debug
information in the *.exe files

Look at the following help file from Developer Studio
Note      To create a library that contains debugging information
without using .PDB files, you must select the compilers C7 Compatible
(/Z7) option and clear the linkers Use Program Database (/PDB:NONE)
option. If you use the precompiled headers options, debugging
information for both the precompiled header and the rest of the source
code is placed in the PDB. The /Yd option is ignored when the Program
Database option is specified.