Modules, Perl 5.005_03, Cygwin Beta20.1

I am trying to connect a C library to Perl. I have this working under
Linux. However under Cygwin (on Win98) I am having problems.

The problem is in the wrapper code (I am using SWIG). This causes
Perl to segfault due to accessing memory address 0.

SWIG uses Dynaloader to load the module. Rather than using the
automatic booting of modules, I tried using each seperate function.
As described in the Camel book.

The DLL is loaded correctly. The symbol for boot_matrix (where matrix
is the module name)  is found and the function is called sucessfully.
I tested this with just a printf in the boot_matrix function.

With a little further effort I discovered that the problem is due to
the macro dSARGS. This breaks down into further macros and eventually
it tries to dereference some pointers. PL_stack_something I think - I
can't remember:-( Anyway the point is that these pointers are not
initialised to anything (i.e. they are normally 0).

Presumably these are intialised by importing the variables into the
DLL somehow. Has anyone got this sort of thing to work? If so  -
please help!

Thank you,

Mark Watson