using gdb

Hi,

Whenever I'm using gdb to debug my C++ programmes (compiled with -g and
without any optimisations), I have a lot of trouble stopping the programme.
More precisely, I step into functions or over functions, and suddenly the
execution goes right to the end of the programme. Even putting breakpoints
at places which I know are executed does not help most of the time. Even
using 'nexti' has this problem. (Only 'stepi' does work as intended, but
that's not very convenient, is it?)

Anyone else seen this ? Suggestions ?

Thanks,

Kris Thielemans

PS:
I have cygwin b20.1, with Mumit's gcc 2.95.2, NT 4.0 sp5