Re: CygWin B20.1 problem using async serial device

--- Georges Bachelier <gbachelier@oceanet.fr> wrote:
> Hello!
>

> I run the attached async.c program which continuously sends the
> 'U' character to the /dev/com1 serial device and should stop when it
> receives a SIGIO signal. My PC1 platform (on which I run CygWin under
> Windows 89 version 2) is connected to another one (let's call it PC2)
> running the Terminal application; therefore, I can see the "UUUUUU..."
> stream in the PC2 Terminal window but, when I press a key on PC2,
> nothing happens.
>
> I have found the async.c code in the LINUX Serial Programming Howto and
> the program does work fine under LINUX environment.
>
> I have already read the FAQs and the mailing list archives; there is a
> question
> similar to mine, but... no answer.
>
> You can compile async.c with: gcc async.c -DWINDOWS -o async

-8<-
>   446k 1998/12/03 C:\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN\cygwin1.dll - os=4.0
> img=1.0 sys=4.0
>                   "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=1998/12/4 5:39

I'm going to suggest that you try a newer snapshot of Cygwin.  The TTY support
has been rewritten.  See http://sourceware.cygwin.com/cygwin/snapshots/ for
more information and please read the caveats.  Note:  This may not resolve your
problem; but, problems of this nature should always be checked against the most
current software.

Regards,

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>