Locale doesnt work with cygwin :-(

Hello there, I have a problem with cygwin I can not solve by myself, maybe
somebody know about it

I am running cygwin b20, and neither sort (GNU sort 1.22, included in cygwin
package) nor my own compiled C programs seem to take into account the Locale
settings

if I launch a cygwin bash shell,

then type LC_ALL=en_US  and then export LC_ALL

gnu sort v1.22 will sort that way :

FREDERIC
REMI
frederik
remi

(strict ASCII ordering)

whereas when trying the same thing on a solaris machine, I get

FREDERIC
frederik
REMI
remi

(the right order, according to en_US character set)

Does anybody have a clue ? (all suggestions welcome)

Remi
REMI :-)