Compiling DJGPP with Cygwin?

Hi Guys,

I now have Cygwin B20.1 (no snapshots) installed and it is working
nicely. One of the problems I have with Windows 2000 is that it does
not implement the Int 2Fh interfaces to expose long filenames to DOS
and Win16 apps like Windows 9x does. Hence DOS32 programs and Win16
programs can't use long filenames, which causes problems when trying
to compile with the DJGPP compiler.

So, I was thinking that the perfect solution would be to recompile
the DJGPP command line tools as native Win32 apps using Cygwin. Has
anyone already done this? If not, is there anything I should be aware
of before trying to do this, or should it pretty much be a simple re-
compile of the DJGPP sources??

If I do this, I assume it would be of interest to other DJGPP
developers, so perhaps I should post it up somewhere? If so where?

Regards,

|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: KendallB@scitechsoft.com    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |