Re: 'new' broken in 2-95.2

Norman Vine <nhv@yahoo.com> writes:
> On further study this appears to be subtle error
> in the code ( FlightGear ) I was trying to get
> to compile with the latest snapshots.
> (Successfully with my 'hack')
>
> For the record this error report from gcc first
> showed up in the FlightGear code with 2.95.
> I have gotten it with all of the snapshots I have
> tried to include 1/15/99 since then.

Can you tell us exactly what happened so that we'll know next
time somebody runs into something similar (and you know that's
bound to happen!)?

Is it because you had directory named `new' in the include
search list? If so, then the bug is deep inside of win32 API
which refuses to "open" directories like on Unix and I'd
like to provide a way around it.

Regards,
Mumit