Re: Use of quotes in Cygwin32

Rodrigo Rizzi Starr wrote:

> I am a new user of Cygwin32 B20 under Win95, and I
> just can't type the quotes (") or other acent keys ( '
> ` ~ ) in my bash. What set's should I change to get
> this problem corrected ?
> Thank you in advance.

I had a problem where I could not type the lower case letter e in the bash
shell.  It was caused by my ~/.inputrc being in a binary mounted partition and
having \r\n line endings instead of \n in ~/.inputrc.

I don't know if this is your problem, but if your home directory is in a binary
mounted partition, check that your .??* files do not have \r\n line endings.

-Gus