the mail:

From: "Vadim Beloborodov" <bvr@cc.pib.alex-ua.com>
Re: sybase libraries and cygwin
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-08/msg00148.html

Having followed Vadim's steps, I link successfully. But on trying
to run my app, I get the following fatal console message:
"The procedure entry point dbinit@0 could not be located in the dynamic
link library LIBSYBDB.dll"

I have fiddled around with a few guesses for quite a while, but given
that the .a has allowed me to link, I think I must be missing something
somewhere.

There is similar problem in the archive:

New problem (was variation on the .dll, .lib, .a theme (help!))
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml/cygwin/1999-06/msg00175.html

but unfortunately no answer.

Can anybody help?

TIA