Re: Question on Cygwin User Tool licensing

Thanks to all for the rapid responses.

The question #2 I am trying to get an answer for does not involve DISTRIBUTING
THE CYGWIN CD TO ANYONE -- rather providing them with the use of the tool long
enough to emulate the product's Unix shell script tools in a classroom
environment -- say, a one to three day experience -- after which all traces of
the Cygwin user tools would be deleted from the NT boxes the students had been
using.  They walk away with nothing but knowledge/awareness of Cygwin tools!  Am
I allowed to download the

I'd like to specify my question further:  the product's command line tools only
use "sh" to work properly.  Does the GPL allow me to download once to the
classroom (on a per-class-experience-basis), install locally to the student NT
machines, run the course, then delete everything as soon as the course is done?

--
Regards,

David Saslav, Bldg 400, Room 580       dsaslav@us.oracle.com
Senior Product Manager                        Tel: (650) 506-6969
Oracle Internet Directory                       Fax: (650) 506-7221
http://oid.us.oracle.com/                         Directory Infrastructure Group

http://www.oracle.com/database/oid/     Server Technologies Division