Re: Problem with tar

Hi,

I noticed that your cygcheck indicates that there are 3 copies of
cygwin1.dll installed (d:\bin,d:\usr\local\bin,c:\winnt) - the one in
c:\winnt is a different version than the other two.  You might want
to try reducing those to only one.  And, you might want to try a
newer version.

If you've got the disk space, you might try  uncompressed tar and
then gzip'ing the resulting archive.  Also, you might try redirecting
stdout and stderr to a file on the remote system to reduce the
possibility that a bad connection over ssh might be hanging the
process.

Is it possible that a remote batch job is working in the /data area
at the same time you're trying to do the backup?

Don't know if any of this will help.

Regards,
Doug Wyatt