Re: Cygwin select + sockets from DLL

On Fri, Nov 19, 1999 at 08:50:33AM -0500, Cygnus - Admin wrote:
>On Fri, 19 Nov 1999, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>>Well, unless the third party software uses cygwin1.dll (which I doubt),
>>then based up the quoted comments you can't use the Cygwin select.  You
>>must use the Windows sockets.h header and function set.
>
>are you serious?  i can't use select() if i'm not gonna use the windows
>header files?

He's serious and he's correct.  cygwin fd's != "fd"'s returned by a winsock
socket operation.  You can't use raw winsock file handles in cygwin select.
Cygwin maintains its own table of file descriptors so you can't mix cygwin
functions with non-cygwin file descriptors.

-Chris Faylor
-Cygwin Engineering Manager
-Cygnus Solutions