Re: Editors

I have never found VIDE slow, but I haven't done anything major with it.
I've just played with it.  If there is a VIDE that is compiled for cygwin (as
apposed to naitve windows environment) then it might be a _little_bit_
slower.

My problem with VIDE is that the icons look pretty bad.  They are grey/black
and are non standard.  The X-Windows version looks pretty awful too.  Is
there a GTK version ?  This is only my opinion and is currently the reason
I don't use VIDE.  I'm looking for a good cross-platform editor and am
considering wxStudio but it is still in its infancy and not ready for
distribution.  I probably use VIDE if I was happy with the look and feel.

Brendan Simon.