Re: Performance of g77 in Cygwin CD

In a message dated 11/4/99 12:22:33 AM Pacific Standard Time,
alex.klinsky@scientist.com writes:

> As the backend is new on the Cygwin 1.0 CD i have a few questions>
>
>  1. Is the performance improved for g77 ?
 I would second Suhaib's recommendation to build and install gcc-2.95.2.  I
have done this in my B21 snapshot installations.  I first installed
make-3.77.  There is a minor patch required to make libf2c/libU77/[de]time_.c
consistent with the new <windows.h>, and it's worth while to make sure that
.p2align is configured, even though it's not fully effective because cygwin
does not maintain the required 128-bit stack alignment.  I think this
requires installation of a binutils snapshot.  I am getting significantly
better performance on my applications than I was getting with LF95, although
this varies according to circumstances.

Tim
tprince@computer.org