Using Nt LPR with Cygwin

I am in the process of converting a UNIX system to run
under Cygwin and WINNT and am having some problems
printing to LPR.

A lot of the scripts pipe output to LPR and since NTs
version needs command line switches I have had to use
a perl script to create a file and then make a system call
with the line :-
    system("lpr -S 110.25.32.179 -P AUTO c:\\tmp\\bmg");

Now here is the rub.  When I run this I get nothing from the printer.
If I run it from the command line it works and if I change the
name of the input file in the script to one that dosen't exist I get an
error msg from LPR stating that the file dosen't exist.

Any ideas? Or does anyone have a LPR that works normaly
under NT so I can nor use the MS LPR?

Regards,
Brett.

Brett Gerrard.