RE: make, bash, or cygwin bug?

--- Kai Henningsen <kai@cats.ms> wrote:
> On 12 Oct 99, at 7:28, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
> > The problem with this is, if a ^Z|C-z|Ctrl-Z is read then a superfluous
> > END-OF-FILE is indicated. :-(
>
> This should really not be done, unless it's input from a terminal.
> Nearly all Win textfiles do NOT end in ^Z anyway. This convention
> is extremely obsolete.

I wasn't suggesting ending a text file with a ^Z, I was refering to processing
binary data which could contain a ^Z causing a premature end of file.  It isn't
so obsolete that it doesn't cause the fuctions to flag an end-of-file.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)