libm bugs

I've been testing the built-in math library in cygwin-b20.1 along with my
port of the mathinline.h from glibc-2.1.
(ftp://members.aol.com/n8tm/llibm.tgz).  Aside from slowness, the standard
library gives fairly good results.  I mention a few exceptions:

asin[fd] produce old-fashioned 0. results rather than NaN when argument is
out of range
asinf() does not carry full precision in range (.75,1)
expf() overflows to Inf for arguments <= log(FLT_MAX)
log[fd](-2) = -Inf (should be NaN)

and, of course, long doubles outside the range of doubles are formatted as
Inf by the sprintf() functions.

Tim
tprince@computer.org