Re: heeding suggestion

--- Daniel de Young <ddeyoung@jps.net> wrote:

> Please excuse the long delay in this response.  My lovely ISP has been
> 'upgrading'
> their e-mail system for a year now *sarc*
>
> <snip>
>
> curses.h is not part of the ANSI/POSIX compliance.  You'll have to download
> the
> ncurses package for this.
>
> RESP:I have ncurses (bin dist) installed and curses.h does exist in the path.
>  vim uses it fine.

Hmm... Cygwin built or from some other package?  You must have a cygwin built
ncurses package.

-8<-

> > Found: c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\bash.exe
> > Found: D:\WINNT\cat.exe
> > Found: c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
> > Warning: D:\WINNT\cat.exe hides
> > c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin\cat.exe
>
> Now this is real strange, in that you had the
> c:\cygnus\cygwin-b20\H-i586-cygwin32\bin listed first in the PATH.
> Therefore,
>
> it should be the cygwin path hiding the D:\WINNT directory.  Why do you have
>
> these programs in D:\WINNT\ anyway?
>
> </snip>
>
> RESP:  This section doesn't seem to follow how I have them listed in .bashrc.
>  Hmmm.  I'll fix that.  They are leftover from utils that I loaded and used
> before I found this cool package.

-8<-

How are you starting bash?  If you use the -login switch then .bashrc will not
get read.  Issue bash --help for more on this.

BTW, I modify my PATH in my .bashrc file also.  I advise it over taking the
default from cygwin, especially with your mount table.  It makes since to do so
since you don't really want to muck with the Win32 version of PATH.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)