newbie strikes again

hi all,

after searching the archives (and searching, and searching) and trying a whole
bunch of far out and whacked out things (including three different computers),
I've come to the conclusion that it has got to be something simple that I'm
missing...

Everything that I try to compile comes up with some type of file it can't find
during 'make' or 'make install'.  All binaries work perfect.  I'm trying to
compile src that (according to compile notes) works fine with cygwin b20.

Because my programming is in it's infant stage and because I can't believe that
software that seems so mature could need so much tweeking just to do a simple
compile, I'm assuming that I'm setting my path statements wrong in my .bashrc.

Could someone with nothing better to do post their .bashrc so I could maybe
analyze and learn from it without burning up the list with basic questions?

BTW.  I've read the FAQ, the newbie page, and everything else I could find for
the last week and a half.

Thanks,

Daniel de Young