More cursor problems in Bash under Windows 98

Hi,

I've had a problem with the cursor keys not working under bash, and the
suggested fixes didn't apply to me.  I'm using a standard English
version of Windows 98, I don't have any sort of 'keyb' in my
autoexec.bat file, and the keyboard layout I use is 'United States 101'
(language is English (New Zealand)).

But just the other day, I wondered whether it had anything to do with
the key repeat speed (Keyboard in the Control Panel).  I found that
setting the key repeat speed to less than halfway fixed the problem.
The actual problem is that when holding down a cursor key, sometimes
instead of the cursor moving like it should, it will delete characters
and insert '[D' (for the left cursor, [C for the right, etc.).

Does anyone else have this problem?

--
Julian Kinraid ....... jkinraid@clear.net.nz ....... ICQ:17257217