Win 2000

Hi everybody.
I would like to start small discussion on WIN2000 issues:
First simple question: How I would detect the OS variable WINVER to be
related to Win2000 (NT5.0)?
I guess underline question is which widows.h header Cygwin uses to find
define for WINVER?
I am asking this because of I want to use it for simple check like
#ifdef (WINVER > 0x0400)
... // Win2000 code
#else
... // Win NT code
#endif
AND I do NOT want to check  the registry.
Currently it comes back as 0x0400 which describes WinNT.

Help and advise is required.

George (george@eddieware.org)
P.S. If you only want
Have a look what we are doing (http://wwweddie.eddieware.org/)
and give a comments talk@eddieware.org

--
*************** Internet Email Confidentiality Footer ******************

you are not the intended addressee(s) indicated in this message
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may NOT
read, save, copy, disclose, forward or deliver this message  or parts of
it to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message, and notify
myself immediately. If you or your employer does not consent to Internet
email messages of this kind, please advise myself immediately. Opinions,
conclusions and other information expressed in this message are not
given or endorsed by my firm or employer unless otherwise indicated by
an authorized representative independent of this message.

If this email has been sent to you in error, please delete this email
and any copies or links to this email completely and immediately from
your system.