Re: sh doesn't like make's quoting

"Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <ssiddiqi@ipass.net> writes:

> I assume you want make-3.78.1 for MingW32, because you compiled using VC?
> right?
> I do have and would e-mail you separately.
> Also, for MingW32, I prefer gmake.exe which is available from
> www.mozila.org
> You will find it at Mozila URl under Windows, it contains a msdossh and
> gmake.
> It seems to understand UNIX style Makefiles pretty good.

I'm not quite clear on what make I should be using.  It will be
directing the compilation of non-Cygwin related c++ files.  The
compiler will be VC.  Everyone here can be expected to have Cygwin.
I'm using gnu make merely because it's a good tool.  The actual
compiling has nothing at all to do with Cygwin or gcc.  Cygwin is just
a provider of things like bash, sh and awk, as far as our development
process is concerned.

Knowing this, which make should I use, Mozila's gmake, the
Mingw32-built make you sent me, or the VC-built make you sent me?  or
something else?

Thank you for your help
--
Todd Greer	<tgreer@acm.org>