Re: Invalid Page Fault from cpp, cc, as, & collect

--- %FULL_NAME% <howard.pierce@medtronic.com> wrote:
> I've looked through the cygwin FAQs and searched the mail archives, but not
> found any information about a problem like this.
>
> I'm trying to compile a very simple C program (copy end of this
> message) with cygwin's gcc under windows 95.  On my home system it
> works fine, but on my system here at work, it fails with the following
> series of error messages.
>
> Interestingly, the first part of each message, "XXX caused an invalid
> page fault in module YYY.DLL at 0157:nnnnnnnn", is a message that I
> get a lot on my system here at work and never get at home.  Usually,
> "XXX" is "EXPLORER" (windows Explorer, not internet explorer) and
> "YYY" is "COMCTL32", and the "0157" is always the same.  The tech.
> support group here has been no help at all.

-8<-

> Any light you can shed on this (mail to "howard.pierce@medtronic.com")
> will be most gratefully appreciated!
-8<-

What versions of w95 are on each different system?  Which filesystem FAT16 or
FAT32?  What versions of the cygwin1.dll are you using (uname -a)?  Do you have
the USB patches installed?  Have you read my webpage yet?

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)