Re: HELP!!!!

--- FallenAngel <666FallenAngel@gmx.net> wrote:
> ok:
> I'm an absolute newcomer to C/C++ and I'm too studpid to compile a
> "hello-world prog": i've got the .c file and i was able to compile it
> with LCC but how to do it with g++? I used a #include < stdio.h > in
> my prog. but g++ doesn't find this file although it's in the cygwin...
> standard dir. where do i have to put the stdio.h so that i can compile
> my prog? or do i have to start g++ with a special flag? (i want to use
> it directly from the DOS prompt in a Win98 windows)

This should work.  Hmm... try `gcc -o hello_world hello_world.c' just for
kicks.  Gcc is meant to be the front-end to the "C" compiler while g++ is meant
to be the front-end to the "C++" compiler.

Also, try removing the spaces within the angle brackets.  I.E. write it as
#include <stdio.h> instead of #include < stdio.h >.

Q: Will this fix the problems?
A: I don't know, these are merely suggestions not known workarounds.

If you still have problems paste or attach a plain text file of the output of
`cygcheck -s -v -r'.  Also, since you're not interested in emulating UNIX you
might be best served by the Mingw32 version of GCC which can be found on Mumits
pages whose URL you can find on my page.

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)