Re: make, bash, or cygwin bug?

--- Kai Henningsen <kai@cats.ms> wrote:
> /bin/sh: \home\gcc-2.95.1\kai\gcc\cc1obj.exe^M: command not
> found
>
> Well, of course. But who told you to append a cr there?

You did.

> This Makefile line:
>
> CC1OBJ = `$(CC) -print-prog-name=cc1obj`
>
> Someone obviously didn't understand that a cr counts as white
> space, just like a lf does. I have no idea if that's a fault of make,
> bash, or the cygwin1.dll.

Or your setup!!  You've obviously modified your mounts to process text in
binary default mode.  When this happens you must change the \r\n line endings
to \n line endings just as if you were on a UNIX platform.

And _NO_ cr does not count as white space, it is a specially handled character
when processing in "Text Mode".

=====
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)