Problems with Sockets

Hey all,

I was writing a program that would eventually become a CGI. (NT 4, SP4)
It's does some stuff, and then mails a file to the person who ran the
CGI.  On the command line under bash, setting values into environment
variables,
every thign works fine.  Under a DOS prompt, everythign works.
Under Apache for Cygwin, it bails on the socket() call.
I checked errno, and it was set to 1 (which in errno.h says it's a
"not super-user" problem.
I also tried running under IIS, and it works there too.

Does anyone have any ideas?

--
                                   (__)
                                   (oo)