Re: Speed

In a message dated 10/6/99 3:40:50 PM Pacific Daylight Time, macko@scifi.pl
writes:

> Is there any way to make cygwin programs (I mean these from the package:
gcc,
>  awk, bash, grep, etc.) to work faster ?
Disconnect from the network and simplify your Path.  Change OS versions.  I
just demonstrated a factor of 3 under NT4 between configure scripts while
connected to a network and while disconnected.  W2K is faster in either case.
 But it's quite a struggle for Windows to imitate linux.

Tim
tprince@computer.org