RE: Problem using rpm on Windows 98 (partly solved)

rpm2cpio requires Perl installed in /usr/bin, unless you edit
rpm2cpio script and change the #!/usr/bin/perl.exe to your install
path.
The syntex is

rpm2cpio my_rpm_file.rpm | cpio -i --make-directories

In addition you need cpio.exe in your PATH.

rpm2cpio has nothing to with RPM.  It is a Perl script which
extracts
to contents of the rpm, without installing RPM. I had been using it
on my Windows and SGI machine for a while for extracting source
codes
from RPM archives for Linux.

Suhaib