Re: Problem using rpm on Windows 98 (partly solved)

Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:

> Do not know about rpm, but you can get rpm2cpio script
> from http://cygutils.netpedia.net/, extract the contents of rpm and
> install it manually by copying the extracted files/directories to
> the desired location.

Thanks for your fast response and your hint.

I tried both rpm2cpio from cygutils.netpedia.net and the rpm2cpio.pl
script (from www.rpm.org).

rpm2cpio says:
error reading header from package

rpm2cpio.pl says:
bogus RPM.

This hold for rpms perl-DBI-1.13-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm and
perl-DelimMatch-1.04-1-cygwinb20.i386.rpm

I managed to get rpm2cpio.pl to work by specifying
binmode on the filehandle to the rpm archive.

So the problem is probably that rpm2cpio (and probably rpm)
don't open their files in binary mode. Is something set wrong in my
environment? Are my file opens text by default and not binary?

my $CYGWIN variable is empty.
The output of mount is:

Device           Directory           Type        Flags
C:               /                   native      text!=binary

Teun Burgers