Re: can I use STL in src/winsup ?

> I have looked through src/winsup. Nobody uses STL there. Is it a special
> agreement not to use STL there? Can I start using it?

Please don't.  We've had cases in the past of STL changing out from
under us (in subtle ways) and breaking winsup builds.  I'd prefer if
you stuck to code local to cygwin and well-defined ansi/posix function
calls.

Also, adding STL means that STL has to be built as part of the winsup
snapshots, and it currently isn't.  We'd have to add all of STL (and
possibly other C++ libraries) to the snapshot builds and sources if
you use it.