tclX

I want to install tclX on Cygwin.  Any recent version
will do.  Here's what I've tried and what happened in
each case.

* Checked Mumit Khan's Tcl site:  I couldn't find
anything for tclX, although I was unable to reach one
ftp site his page references.

* Tried to install tclX8.0.0 from NeoSoft.  The
Windows installation requires either MS VC++ or
Borland C++, neither of which I have.  The Unix
installation fails because various #include files are
missing.

* First build a TCL from source first, then retry the
above, in the hope that the TCL build would supply the
missing headers.  My chosen TCL port had both Windows
and Unix build instructions.  The Windows build
requires those two compilers.  The Unix build fails
because Tcl and stdlib.h disagree on how random() is
prototyped.

* I tried to install tclXwin8.0.0 from NeoSoft.  No
compiling necessary.  Just unpack.  However, it
requires tcl80.dll, which is not included in NeoSoft's
tar and not supplied by Cygwin either.  I notice
Cygwin has /bin/cygtcl80.dll and I even tried to copy
it to /bin/tcl80.dll but it didn't define a necessary
symbol.

===
--
Opinions expressed above are not necessarily my employer's.
James M. Stern